Now that Spring is in full swing, it’s the perfect time to clean and organize the home — including your Comcast products and services! Here are a few tips to keep your WiFi, mobile devices and security settings refreshed and renewed:
- Take Inventory of your WiFi Enabled Devices: Check to see what devices are on your home’s WiFi network. Disconnect unrecognized devices from your network (with just a tap using Xfinity’s xFi platform) and ensure all your devices have updated software.
- Check Your Router: If you bought your own router and it’s more than four years old, consider replacing it. If you are leasing a router from Comcast, use the xFi mobile app to make sure you have the latest wireless gateway. If it’s time for an upgrade, Comcast will ship you a new gateway. Also, make sure your router is in a central location for the best coverage throughout your home. If you’re still experiencing inconsistent connectivity or “dead zones,” consider WiFi-extending solutions such as xFi Pods.
- Check Parental Control Settings: As your kids get older, it may be time to adjust your parental control settings so they can visit certain online sites or watch programs that were previously not right for them.
- Update Security Solutions: At least once a year, make sure your devices have the latest software updates and security solutions to combat viruses. Comcast offers security solutions at no additional cost!
- Organize your Mobile Phone. The Xfinity Mobile Phone Cleanse shares simple ways to both unclutter your device and transform the way you use it. Take on each day’s challenge, and you’ll quickly find yourself feeling less distracted and more organized.
And once your home is complete, be sure to join us for Comcast Cares Day! From now until Saturday, May 11, local Comcast NBCUniversal employees, their friends and family and community partners are working together to do their Spring cleaning throughout the Beltway Region by beautifying local parks, schools, neighborhoods and community centers. To learn more and sign up, visit www.comcastinthecommunity.com.