This past Monday, people around the globe celebrated Earth Day. Here at Comcast, sustainability is a daily focus, and we are committed to making a positive impact with environmentally friendly practices and programs. From electric vehicle charging stations to solar-powered facilities, here are some of our sustainability efforts and ways that you too can “green your routine” during Earth Week and all year round.
In the Beltway Region, our commitment to sustainability continues to grow:
- Our companywide recycling programs divert millions of pounds of waste from landfills each year. Locally, we distributed reusable cups to all employees to save nearly two million disposable cups from entering our landfills in 2018.
- LED lighting and energy-efficient equipment in our Baltimore, Greenbelt, Millersville, Silver Spring and White Marsh, Maryland and Richmond, Virginia facilities is significantly reducing energy consumption. In 2018, we saved 2,000 homes-worth of power across the Northeast Division.
- Solar panels and more efficient HVAC units at our offices are generating clean energy and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Fuel-efficiency software in our fleet vehicles is improving mileage and eliminating greenhouse gas emissions.
- An electric vehicle charging station at our Richmond location (photo above) is making it easy for employees and residents to go green.
With our products, services and more, we’ve also created ways that our customers can get involved:
- Spruce up your community’s outdoor spaces by joining us for Comcast Cares Day. This year, local volunteer projects include nearly a dozen “green” activities that involve outdoor clean-up and beautification. To learn more and sign up, visit www.comcastinthecommunity.com.
- Say “go green” into your Xfinity X1 Voice Remote to update the power settings on your box so it will shut off after a set time of inactivity and reduce power usage.
- Optimize your home automation with Xfinity Home. You can manage and remotely adjust the settings on your smart lighting and thermostat controls and more to ensure your home is energy efficient.
- Sign up for Ecobill paperless billing for your residential or business account.
Together, we can create a better, cleaner future for our planet. For more on Comcast’s sustainability efforts, visit corporate.comcast.com/values/sustainability.